Monday, February 4, 2013
Oh, man, January was a great month for reading books! As I stated before, I am trying to read 50 books this year to make up for not a whole lot of reading while I was in school. I think I did pretty good for my first month! This is what I read:
1. "Torch" by Cheryl Strayed
2. "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain
3. "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer
4. "How We Decide" by Jonah Lehrer
5. "Mink River" by Brian Doyle
6. "The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future" by Chris Guillebeau
7. "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn
8. "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mireille Guiliano
I also started to read "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell. I'm feeling pretty "meh" about it so far, although I know people Really like it. I'm about 20% of the way in, so I'm hoping I start liking it more.
I think that "Torch" was amazing and had some great quotes. Cheryl Strayed is an amazing writer! I love her books. "Quiet" was also really good and helped me understand a lot. I consider myself 60% extrovert, 40% introvert (this may come as a surprise to some!) and Jonathan is a lot more introverted than I am, so it was really eye-opening to think about the differences and similarities between us. I also feel like I learned about myself some. Just read it!
I also got a lot of suggestions about books to read and I'm looking forward to tackling some of them! After I finish "Cloud Atlas" I have "Skinny Bitch" to read from the library. Speaking of the library, I've got my Kobo set up so I can read library books on it and have been able to get some. It's awesome and so convenient!
Note: There are affiliate links in this post. *gasp!*